Saturday, October 1, 2011

Maud Hart Lovelace Challenge



I'm really excited to be participating in the Maud Hart Lovelace Challenge this year! The challenge is hosted by Sarah @ A Library is a Hospital for the Mind.

Here's what I've got planned:

-I have the first 5 books from my library right now, so I plan on reading as many of them as I can before I have to take them back. I'm really hoping to get to at least 3 of them. I don't have much going on in the review department, except writing up what I've already read, so I think I can do it!

-I also have a post planned on what I've learned from Maud Hart Lovelace's book. There's those things mentioned in older books that I don't really know about, so I mark the pages and do a web search when I stop reading. (Like a history lesson)!

I may do some other things depending on time, but those are my definite goals. If you would like to participate, just write up a post and link it up @ A Library is a Hospital for the Mind.

6 comments:

  1. I'm excited, too. :) Even have a giveaway to go with it!

    I have not read all of the younger books...my library only has 2, and I only own two. BUT will be adding more to our collection as M can enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to this challenge for a month, since the day I first discovered it. I didn't get to participate in the first two, so I'm pretty stoked about it.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette-
    I have you to thank for my excitement! I loved Emily of Deep Valley! :)

    JNCL-
    This will be my first year, too. It wasn't until the past couple of months that I've actually read a book by Lovelace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to get to at least one on my list - maybe two. We'll see! It's a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited, too! I started Winona's Pony Cart with my girls today, and it is just delightful! I'm planning to read Emily of Deep Valley and maybe Carney's House Party.

    I meant to respond to your comment about my Native American post, but I never got around to it. How neat that you were once a dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie-
    I've got the first one done now, so I'm hoping to get the first 3. Maybe! :)

    Amy-
    I loved Emily of Deep Valley!!

    I didn't really care for ME doing the dancing, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere and watching others. :)

    ReplyDelete