Friday, October 28, 2011

The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall



WaterBrook Press (October 4, 2011) 208 pages
Source: Blogging for Books

Description from Amazon:

After Gideon coldly broke her heart, can the warmth of the season revive Mattie’s hopes?

Mattie thought her childhood sweetheart adored her until he abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve.

Three years later, will learning the truth behind his rejection restore her Christmas joy – or open the door to even deeper heartbreak?

Spend Christmas with the Amish in this story of love, romance, heartache, and restoration.


My Review:

Christmas books seem to be a huge target for novellas. Maybe because reading time is always so much slower during the holidays? I'm not usually a novella fan. I prefer my book full-length. But, at this point in my life, I do appreciate a good, shorter length book. Sometimes I just can't wait to get to the happily ever after, and I get to read about it a bit sooner with a novella.

The Christmas Singing"was a very sweet romance. I don't think there was any characters that I didn't like. They all won a place in my heart, and I'm hoping maybe a couple of the secondary characters will end up in another book! My momma really enjoys Christmas novellas, and this one will definitely head her way!

*I was provided a review copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

  1. I also have a copy sitting here. Looking forward to getting to it! (I was making myself wait until November.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting until November would have been a good idea for me! I really enjoyed it, but it wasn't as Christmas-y as I thought it would be. That's probably because I read it during Halloween season! :P

    ReplyDelete