Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Books That Caught My Attention in August

Top Ten {Tuesday}


This list is what was formerly my wishlist that I was posting at the first of the month. I like it this way better, so I'll post the top ten books that caught my attention the last Tuesday of every month.

These are the books I always attempt to find at my library. If they don't have it(and they almost never do), I end up putting it on one of my swap site lists.

It was really hard to narrow it down to ten this month. I've saw lots of books I'd like to read!




The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

This one just looks really cool!





Maud Hart Lovelace's Deep Valley: A Guidebook of Mankato Places in the Betsy-Tacy Series by Julie A. Schrader

This one was actually brought to my attention in June(I think), but after reading Emily of Deep Valley it was brought more to my attention.




On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness: Adventure Peril, Lost Jewels, and the Fearsome Toothy Cows of Skree (The Wingfeather Saga)by Andrew Peterson

This is the first book in the series, and I'm getting to review the third book The Monster in the Hollows (Wingfeather Saga) as part of the Christian Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Tour later this month. I'd love to read the first two books before I read the third, but I don't think that is going to happen.




Heist Societyby Ally Carter

Curious!




Small Town Sinnersby Melissa Walker


I saw this one as part of a giveaway. I didn't win, by the way. ;)




Centauriad #1: Daughter of the Centaurs by Kate Klimo


This one just looks really different and interesting.






Distant Waves: A Novel of the Titanicby Suzanne Weyn

I think the Titanic aspect of this story sounds intriguing.




Let Them Eat Cake (French Twist, Book 1)
by Sandra Byrd

I enjoyed one of Sandra's young adult books so much, I really want to see how I like this series.





Shadow Castle: Expanded Editionby Marian Cokrell

I've heard this is an awesome book, and I have to find out for myself.





There You'll Find Meby Jenny B. Jones

I loved Save the Date earlier this year, so Jenny is on my radar. This one comes out in October.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd love the Deep Valley book. Oh my I would...even used it's pricey though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! The Betsy-Tacy Companion is really pricey, too! I've searched everywhere I could possibly think of to find both of them a bit cheaper, but no luck. I just can't pay that much for a book, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower. Like your blog. Got here through the hop. I really like your top ten. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Did you hear Hugo's being made into a film?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juju
    I've definitely got to get my hands on it then!! I heard it was possibly going to be required reading at some schools, too. It sounds really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm with you. That Daughter of the Centaur one also caught my eye (can't remember where I saw it) but it is definitely DIFFERENT! That's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heist Society is on my TBR list. I really love Carter's Gallagher Girls series, so I can't wait to read this book!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete