Saturday, August 13, 2011

It Couldn't Just Happen by Lawrence Richards




Thomas Nelson; Reprint edition (August 2, 2011) 256 pages

Desrciption:
This four-color, Gold Medallion Book Award winner is a perfect tool that offers solid, biblical answers to some of the tough questions kids ask about evolution and our world.

“Did Earth begin with a ‘Big Bang’ cosmic explosion?”

“Does science contradict the Bible?”

“What happened to dinosaurs?”

“Is there life on other planets?”

“Did we evolve from apes?”

“What makes my body work on its own?”

Kids are daily exposed to the theory of evolution by the media and public schools. It’s not safe to assume that your kids will reject that theory. It’s up to us as parents and Christian leaders to make sure our children know the truth about the creation of the world. With thousands of evidences to prove He created and sustains the universe, It Couldn’t Just Happen will fascinate kids with fun activities and examples of God’s marvelous works.


My Review:

This is such a great resource to have! I believe with all my heart that God created the universe. But, it's great to have proof!

I decided to read this book because I really don't know if my children will reject the theory of evolution. I've saw someone raised as a Christian accept evolution. I want my children to have their minds properly equiped with the information they need to push the devil out if he tries to creep in there! (And I know that ultimately that is their decision, not the parents).

I find science absolutely fascinating in small doses. Too much, though, and I become quite bored. This book is no different. If you're like me, it's not one you would just sit and read cover to cover(you might)! It is incredibly interesting, though.

The look and format of the book reminds me of a school textbook. This is definitely one that will go on our future homeschooling bookshelf as a science supplement. I've saw a few reviews claiming some wrong information was printed in the book. I won't even pretend that I retained a whole lot of science facts from school to say what is wrong and right. Despite that, I still think this is a great book to have around!

*I was provided a review copy through the Booksneeze program in exchange for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment