Monday, August 8, 2011

30 Things About Me

I stole this post idea from Annette @ Live, Learn, Love. Click HERE for her post.

1. As of yesterday, I'm 30! I can't believe that time has flown by so quickly that I am now 30! I don't feel any older. I know I'm aging, though, because the graduating class keeps looking younger and younger!

2. I hate spiders! Words cannot express how bad I hate them. I throw back the covers every night to make sure there are no spiders in my bed. I HATE them. They are truly as close to a phobia as anything I have.

3. I also don't like windows. Not as in I totally avoid them. I do love a good window view of the world. It's mostly at night that I have a fear of windows. I don't like the thought of someone being able to see me and not the other way around, I guess. Even since I was a child, bed placement was always very limited for me. I would not sleep in front of a window! When my husband and I were looking for a house, windows were a huge deal breaker. It's not uncommon to hear from me, "Beautiful house, but way too many windows!"

4. I'm a fainter. I have never fainted out of surprise or because I met a celebrity or anything like that. I don't expect to ever faint over such things, either. My fainting spells have almost always been related to pain. I have fainted as a child because I got too hot. I ended up in the floor with a classmate laughing at me because he thought I fell asleep. Mostly pain, though. I've learned to "control" it as an adult. I can feel it coming on, and I lay down in the floor.(Fainting is very dangerous!!) As of yet, I've never fainted while laying down, although it's such an uncomfortable feeling, sometimes I just wish I would!

5. "5" is my lucky number. I don't necessarily believe in luck with all things in life. In general, I believe in blessings. I think God humors me with my number "5", though. :)
I was married May 5th, 2005(05-05-05), which was on a Thursday(5th day of the week) at 6:55pm. I do wish I had just went with 5:55, though. I had lights that I wanted to show up, but they didn't anyway, for the most part. It took me 5 times to get my driver's license. HA! I only failed 3 times, though. When I went into the hopital at 25 weeks pregnant, my room number had a "5" in it, and I felt like God was letting me know it would be okay. Those are just a few examples of my lucky number 5.

6. A few of my favorite actors: Hugh Jackman, Dustin Hoffman, William Holden, Bing Crosby, Stanley Tucci

7. A few of my favorite actresses: Lucille Ball, Shirley MacClaine, Audrey Hepburn, Emma Thompson, Meryl Streep, Diane Keeton

8. No surprise to anyone out there, but I'm obsessed with blue. If you walk into our house, you will see a whole lot of blue!

9. When I was a child, I decided I wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Party(I've never had a big party. Ours was always just the immediate family-parents and siblings). I had strawberry cake, strawberry frosting, and strawberry ice cream. Needless to say, it made me sick, and I haven't liked strawberry flavored anything since!! I love actual strawberries, just nothing flavored! I won't touch it!

10. Another story from my childhood...I had a pet grasshopper. At the time, I thought there was a special bond between me and that grasshopper, since it didn't hop away. In hindsight, I assume the little fellow was hurt. I didn't even have to keep him in a cage of any sort. One morning, he was at the breakfast table with me "eating" on his slice of potato. Out of nowhere, my daddy accidently sets the gallon of milk on him. It killed him, and broke my heart!

11. I didn't graduate college. I went a year to a community college in my hometown and a semester at Lipscomb University. I was so homesick that I came home, though, and never went back.

12. I'm extremely sensitive! And emotional! Since the birth of my first son, I cry at the drop of a pin. I cry over commercials, books, movies. I cry just thinking about the birth of my babies. (joyful tears there)! I cry at random moments thinking about something that has made me cry in the past. BUT, I hate for anyone to see me cry. I will hide it to the best of my ability, even if that means hiding myself.

13. I'm not a hugger. I love hugs from my husband and babies and give them freely, so they are an exception! Otherwise, I'm not a hugger. I still remember as a child, my great aunt "scolding" me for tensing up when she hugged me. I can't help it, though. I didn't grow up in a mushy family. I don't hold that against them! And I very much wish that I was a hugger!

14. I'm hoping to homeschool my children. My family went to a publilc school, and it's just not overly common where I live to homeschool(that I know of). I don't look down on the public school. I have all the respect in the world for teachers(most of them)! They are very underpaid and deserve so much more respect than what they get!!! But, I simply want to keep my babies with me. I'm very stingy with them. :)

15. I have 6 nephews ranging from 6 months to 12 years, and 1 neice that is 1 1/2 years.

16. I have a younger brother and an older sister. Jonathan has a younger brother and sister.

17. I played the clarinet for 7 years through school. I wasn't good at it. I didn't practice and I didn't like playing it. I really don't know why I stayed in the band. I attended every single football game(with the band) for 4 years.

18. I hate football. I dread football season every year, because Jonathan could watch sports(especially football) 24/7! I very much dislike most sports, though, especially if being watched on TV. If I was going to a game, though, I actually enjoy hockey.

19. Growing up, I always wanted to be a writer. I wrote poems, songs, short stories(and even won a contest with one). It was my dream to write a book. Then I saw how hard the writing world is, and just how much time and effort authors put into their work, and I realized I don't have the natural talent needed to have a book published. Right now, I just don't have the time or the desire needed to be a true writer(or author, I guess I should say). I'll always be a writer. Just not a good one.

20. I was tiny in my early years. (Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd grade) I don't know what happened! ;)

21. I don't like the game "Red Rover." Since I was so little, when it was my turn to run over, I flipped over the other kid's arms and landed on the cement. I busted my head. I had blood all over me! The teachers called my momma to let her know what had happened, but that I was okay. I got off the bus looking horrible and ended up getting stitches. Needless to say, my momma was furious. That's not a jab at the school system. It happens!

22. I'm left-handed, and I very much hope that my little ones end up left-handed, too. I'm always on the lookout for other leftys and feel like there's a bond. :) I'm very relieved to have heard from other leftys who are the same way!

23. I don't like being the center of attention where people are looking at me. When I walk into a room, I automatically head for the back corner.

24. Both of our sons 1st names are after actors from the 50s. Middle names are from the Bible. If we have a little girl one day, the first name tradition will end, because we've had her first name picked out since my first pregnancy.

25. I've learned that you really shouldn't make any important decisions while pregnant. I didn't! While I was pregnant, though, I had decided no more children and I was heavily leaning toward public school. I was just so sick and exhausted, I wanted sleep. :)

26. My style(house) is a mix between country, cottage, antique-ish. If you were to walk into my house right now, it would not completely reflect my style. It is a work in progress, though.

27. I can't cook very well if it involves a stovetop! I can bake pretty decent, so casseroles are quite common around my house.

28. I have a love/hate relationship with sugar. I'm drawn to it! Addicted to it! It really doesn't matter what form it comes in....cake, cookies, candy, you name it! But, I hate the extra weight that comes with it! ;)

29. I'm a homebody!!!!! I go to church 3 times a week, but if not for that, sometimes I don't go anywhere for a couple of weeks. I eventually have to go out for groceries or the post office or library. Most nights after church is when we pick up grocery neccesities, like milk.

30. I am quite the boring person, so coming up with 30 things was hard!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Tammy, it was so much fun getting to know you better! I can see we'd get along great in person, we have so much in common. Spiders, homebodies, crying but not hugging, clarinet (I was so awful my band teacher told me not to blow, just move my fingers during the concert).

    Your "Beautiful house, but way too many windows!" comment made me LOL. I am a fan of windows myself.

    Happy 30th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I loved it. It's so fun to learn a bit more, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy-
    LOL...That is so funny about the clarinet!! I did that, too, sometimes! I knew I'd rather pretend to know what I was doing than for someone to hear me mess up. I don't think I ever actually played out on the football field! I'm so glad I wasn't the only one! :)

    Annette-
    I'm so glad you came up with this idea!! It's always so much fun for me to learn more about fellow bloggers. I just loved your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy,

    What a fun post, and like Joy, we have a few things in common, too! The big one...homebody! Seriously, I could stay inside my house for weeks if I didn't have to go to work every day. I love being inside curled up on the couch with a good book. :o)

    And I'll be turning 30 this year, too! (Seems like everyone I know is hitting 30 this year.) I'm semi-looking forward to it, but maybe as it gets closer, my outlook will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful learning more about you, Tammy/Bluerose!

    I am so with you on the spider thing - even if my family sometimes teases me for it, I just can't stand them! (And this summer while we were staying in a rental home in Oregon on vacation, I did the same thing, checking the bed before I got in, LOL!)

    And as for the strawberries...mine would be baklava! I tried it and really enjoyed it when I was in Israel, but when I came home there was one day where I was eating a ton of stuff and THEN I ate a piece of sticky, sweet baklava... I haven't been able to eat any since then! ;)

    I also totally understand the love/hate relationship with sugar, as well as being more of a homebody! :)

    Thank you for sharing more about you, and happy birthday!!!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. =D This post is so fun! (I have mine in draft to post on my birthday - next month!)

    I was married 5-15-05. Maybe that's why we like each other? ;D (That and we both married Jonathans too so - !)

    I'm not a hugger either. And I also get teased about it. I don't hold it against my family either and sometimes I wish I were a hugger but most of the time I wish the huggers would just decide to leave me alone when it comes to that time of our greeting or goodbye. ;D

    HAHA on the strawberry birthday party! That's funny.

    And I've never liked red rover either but mostly because I could never break the line!

    Again, fun list. Loved reading through it. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy
    Curling up on the couch with a good book is the best!! I thought you were a few years younger than me for some reason. :P

    As my birthday kept getting closer, I was getting a bit depressed, but then about a month ago I realized turning 30 sure beats the other option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber
    My brother used to own a tarantula when we were younger, so you can imagine what I was feeling through those months!!

    I've never had Baklava. I'll have to check that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie
    I'm looking forward to reading your list now!

    I knew our anniversaries had to be close, but I don't think I realized they were that close! And Jonathan does seem to be a great name!! ;)

    I'm so very glad that I'm not the only person who doesn't like hugging! It's such a relief, because it seems like most people out there are huggers. I still love them anyway, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house sounds awesome! Anything that mixes cottage and antiques is up my alley :)

    Happy 30th!

    ReplyDelete