Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg



Point (January 1, 2011) 288 pages

My Review:
This was a quick, fun, and VERY light read. If you've ever read or watched the movie(s), Pride and Prejudice, then you will know exactly what will happen in this story. There's no surprises. The characters are even named the same as in the book. Lizzie Bennett, Will Darcy, Jane, ect. Part of me liked this, because it was cute, and you don't have to figure out who is who. BUT, part of me would have liked the challenge of figuring out which person was going to be Lizzie and which one Darcy. It would have made the book a TAD less predictable. As I always say, though, I don't mind predictable books. There are a couple of changes, like the time period, setting, and Lizzie has no siblings in this story. Jane is a friend and Lydia is her sister.

Overall, this was a sweet book. I think it will be more enjoyable for the younger, young adult audience, though.

Was it clean?
Yes! There was no profanity at all. There's mention of a character being drunk(Can you guess who that will be?) :) I found it to be very clean, though.

*I was provided an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest opinion.

4 comments:

  1. Oh. NICE that it's clean! Definitely good to know about! I'm always nervous about these spin-offs for exactly that reason -- authors wanting to make it more dicey than Austen did. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was cute. I especially liked the ending!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things Jane Austen. This one is definitely on my must read list.

    ReplyDelete