Monday, April 4, 2011

Tales of the Dim Knight by Adam and Andrea Graham




Splashdown Books (November 22, 2010) 354 pages

Description:
Mild-mannered janitor and superhero fanboy Dave Johnson gets all his wishes at once when a symbiotic alien gives him supernatural powers. But what's he to do with them? Follow his laugh-a-minute progress as he fights crime and corruption while trying to keep his family together and avoid being sued for copyright infringement.

My Review:
A few months ago, I remember seeing Adam and Andrea featured at another blog. This isn't normally the type of book I read, but I was very intrigued. When I got the opportunity to read Tales of the Dim Knight, I was thrilled. While I was hoping to like the book, I was very surprised at just how much I did! I won't say this is a book for everybody, but if you like corny(I mean that in a good way!) heroes and all, or if you're wanting(or willing) to step out of your comfort reading level, this is the perfect book to read! While it may seem targeted towards those of you who like superheroes and comic books, I've only *looked* at one comic book in my life that I recall. I may have gotten some of the lines better if I was a comic book fan, but I was still greatly impressed as just an average reader. :)
I do have that childlike, sometimes weird sense of humor. My husband and I are completely different in what we find funny. At the beginning of this book, I think I laughed more than any book I've ever read. It does get way more serious and deeper as the book goes further, but it still kept its funny moments. You do have to have a good sense of humor to enjoy this book, I think. Christianity AND marriage both play huge roles in this book. While I'm not surprised about the Christianity, since that's what its labeled as, I was extremely surprised about the role of marriage and family.
I had so much fun reading this book, and a book that makes me laugh as much as I did doesn't deserve any less than 5 stars!! I very much recommend this book for anyone who wants a fun, entertaining escape, but be prepared for some seriousness, too!!

*I received this book from the publisher/author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Click HERE for the Dim Knight website.

Click HERE for Sample Chapter.

I also highly recommend THIS POST if you're a parent considering Tales of the Dim Knight for your children. While this is a clean book, I still think you should read the post.



Author Bios:
Adam Graham is a multi-talented author known for his wit and poignancy. His political column appears on Pajamasmedia.com and Renew America. He also has short stories published in the anthology Light at the Edge of Darkness, and in the Laser & Sword e-zine. He hosts the Truth and Hope Report podcast, as well as the Old Time Dragnet Radio Show, Great Detectives of Old Time Radio and the Old Time Superman Radio Show. Mr. Graham holds a general studies Associate of Arts degree from Flathead Valley Community College with a concentration in Journalism. He tweets at @idahoguy, @dimknight and @radiodetectives.
Andrea Graham co-authored Adam’s first novel, Tales of the Dim Knight. Her short story “Frozen Generation” also appeared in Light at the Edge of Darkness. She studied creative writing and religion at Ashland University. Visit her online at POVbootcamp.com and Ask Andrea, or follow her tweets @povbootcamp.

Adam and Andrea live with their cat, Joybell, in Boise , Idaho . They are members of several writers groups, including Lost Genre Guild and American Christian Fiction Writers. Adam is president of their local ACFW chapter, Idahope.

Tales of the Dim Knight Tour Schedule:

3/17/ James Somers

3/20 and 3/27 David James

4/1/ April Erwin

4/3/ Phyllis Wheeler

4/4/ Noah Arsenault

4/4/ Sarah Sawyer

4/5/ Me :)

4/6/ Timothy Hicks

4/7 Joan Nienhuis

4/8 Carol E. Keen

4/11 Morgan L. Busse

4/14/ Emily LaVigne

4/15 Chawna Schroeder

4/22 Frank Creed

4/28/ Beckie Burnham

5/3/ Amy Cruson

5 comments:

  1. Nice review. I enjoyed the the book's humor too. The Grahams brought across some good points about marriage and being satisified where God plants you.

    Timothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the review! So glad you enjoyed it. :D
    Grace (Publisher)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasythyme- Thank you! :) I completely agree about the humor and the good points!

    Grace-I had no idea that you published this book until now. :) I know I really should have known that, though!!
    Thank YOU for publishing such a fun book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. If not for a car accident, I'd have posted here sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam- Your welcome!
    Bless your heart! I hope you are doing good!

    ReplyDelete