Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 10 Books I Just HAD To Have...But Are Still Sitting On My Bookshelf

I saw this post idea at Reading to Know. Click HERE for her post. I just love these kinds of posts. If you do it, please come back and share your link, so we can all see your books, too. :)

These are in no particular order and they are only the tip of the iceberg. This would be one long post if I put them all on here.



Alice I Have Been: A Novel [DECKLE EDGE] (Hardcover)
by Melanie Benjamin
-This one not only has a beautiful cover, but it seemed really interesting. Imagine my excitement when I got to trade for it...yet it's still waiting to be read on my bookshelf! I just love the look of it so much, that it will probably remain on my bookshelf whether I love it or hate it when I finally read it. I don't think I currently have any books like that, so this will be a first.



The Family
by J.R. Miller
-This is the cover and title that I have, but it's much easier to find if you look up the title The Family instead. From my understanding, The Family is the new title. (???)



Graceling
by Kristen Cashore



A Great and Terrible Beauty (The Gemma Doyle Trilogy)
by Libba Bray

-I've heard this series is amazing, but I've yet to find out for myself. I also have the next two waiting, Rebel Angels (The Gemma Doyle Trilogy Book #2)
and The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, Book 3)





The Inn at Angel Island (An Angel Island Novel) by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer
I was really excited when this new series began, and even more excited when I won it, but I haven't even opened it up yet!




In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel by Jan Karon

-I waited almost 3 years for the next installment of this series, and I finally got the opportunity to trade for it. I absolutely can't believe it's still sitting here unread!!




Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier


-I think most of you know from reading my blog that Wildwood Dancing
is one of my absolute favorite books of all time! I can't believe I've made the second one wait so long to be read.




The Host: A Novel by Stephanie Meyer



Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund




The Help by Kathryn Stockett
-I very much want to read this one, but I think I fear it may be a tough read. I like MOST of my books light and fluffy. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh you've got two really good ones sitting on your shelf! I just finished The Help a couple of months ago. It had been sitting on my shelf for more than a year. It was sooooo good! And not too hard to read.

    Also I loved The Host. I'm not usually into sci fi, but this was surprisingly good and romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it that you created a post like this. That Alice title looks really, really intriguing. I think I remember seeing that somewhere at some point in time. Anyway, if you read it (haha), I'd definitely like to hear your thoughts on it!

    I JUST purchased a copy of The Help. So ...now it's sitting on my shelf as well. Figured I should read it before absolutely everyone is done even thinking about it. (Or will they be? It's supposed to be amazing.)

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy- Since you said it's not too hard to read, I may have to read The Help sooner rather than later. :)It's probably been waiting a year now.

    Carrie- I'll definitely write a review of Alice I Have Been when I get to it. And I will!! I keep telling myself it will be next on my list, but it never is. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL and I've read none of these except The Host which was pretty good! I hope you can get to at least one of your books soon!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete