Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Path Less Traveled by Cathy Bryant (A Miller's Creek Novel)




WordVessel Press (October 18, 2010) 312 pages

Description:
Trish James is tired of being rescued. When a spooked horse claims her husband's life, she's determined to blaze a path for herself and her traumatized son without outside help. But will that mean leaving the place etched on her heart? Andy Tyler has had to struggle for everything, and starting a new law practice in Miller's Creek, Texas is no different. Though prepared for business challenges, he's not prepared for falling in love--especially with yet another woman who will probably abandon him for her career. Will Andy and Trish be able to see past their limited human understanding to take a path less traveled?

My Review:
This book is just what I needed right now. After a few “not so great” books, I needed a really awesome one. I definitely got that with A Path Less Traveled. I absolutely LOVED it!! This is the first book I’ve read by Cathy Bryant, but Lord willing, it won’t be the last. Cathy has officially made it on my “author list. ” I have full intentions of reading Texas Roads, the first book in the Miller Creek series, and The Way of Grace, the third book.

The scene with Little Bo walking in with his Veggie Tales pajamas on and a book tucked under his arm brought tears to my eyes. It was so sweet!! For awhile after that scene, there’s a lot of emotional issues dealt with, so I had to keep a tissue next to me. The character’s emotions were brought to life through the author’s words. The fact that I could actually feel the character’s hurt shows Cathy’s talent as a writer!

It was wonderful to read about just everyday life and struggles for “regular” people. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that contained a garage sale. I love yard sales! LOVE them! So it warmed my heart to see something so common in a book. It also deals with some tough issues like a mom and child losing their husband/dad, and many of the problems that come afterward, including financial problems. There’s lots of Christian lessons to be found throughout the pages, too. It amazes me how so many different aspects were brought into this story. In addition to everything else, it’s also got the fun, “chick-lit” type of thing going on. And Andy is the perfect leading man! :)

I thrilled that I can, with my whole heart, recommend this book! I’m so glad I got the chance to read it!

*I was provided a review copy by the author. This is my honest opinion!! I was not required to give a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment