Monday, September 6, 2010

Doctors in Petticoats by Mary Connealy




Barbour Books; Sophie's Daughters Series edition (July 1, 2010) 320 pages

Description: (from Amazon)
Doctor Alex Buchanan is a wanted man--a deseter from the army stalked by a bounty hunter--but he'd rather be dead than inflict any more pain on his patients. Beth McClellan is idealistic, believing the nursing training she received will be enough to help her serve as doctor to her home town in West Texas. When Alex and Beth meet in a stagecoach accident, they find that they work well together. But are his demons and her dreams too deeply rooted for either of them to pay the price required for a future together?

My Review:
I was hanging on the edge of my seat though most of this story. I’ve heard such great things about Mary’s writings, and I wasn’t disappointed in the least!! I love how all the women are so tough, and don’t hesitate to take care of themselves. From reading reviews, I saw that some of the characters are the same from one of Mary’s other series. That definitely makes me want to go back and read them all even more!

From the way the beginning of the story goes, I was very surprised with the turn of events. I enjoyed most of the characters, and can’t wait to find out what’s going on with them. There were a couple I didn’t like and I wonder if I might eventually start to like them.

I felt sorry for Alex at the beginning and didn’t really like Beth, but that didn’t last long. You can’t help but love all the women of Doctors in Petticoats. And I love how Mary has added marriage lessons to the story. I need all the reminders I can get!

I absolutely can’t wait to read Wrangler in Petticoats, which comes out in October. It will continue with the story of Sally. As I was Reading Doctors in Petticoats, I was hoping the next one would be about Sally. I highly recommend this book. I loved it!!

*Thank you so much to NetGalley for my review copy. This was an e-book. I wasn’t required to give a positive review.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Mary Connealy! You won't be disappointed if you give her other books a try!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bluerose. What a great review. Thank you so much.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete