Monday, August 16, 2010

A Mother For Choco by Keiko Kasza



Putnam Juvenile (September 29, 2003) 32 pages

My little boy has been getting books in the mail from the Dolly Parton Imagination Library for about a year now. I don't know how he ended up getting them, but I'm very grateful for the sweet person that signed him up for the program! He has been running a fever the past couple of days, and not feeling well at all, so it was a wonderful little surprise for him to get a new book in the mail today! :)
I normally don't review these books, but the one he got today is so cute, I decided I need to start throwing out some kid book ideas, too.
A Mother for Choco is a perfect book for an adoption family or foster care family. (Not that it isn't cute for all the other families, too)! The one we have is a board book, but I think you can get it paper-paged, also. The pictures are adorable! This book teaches the lesson that it doesn't matter what you look like, you can still be a family and love each other. It's a short story, so it's more of a baby-preschool book.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Dolly Parton Imaginary Library! This sounds like a great book! You know I think I started a feature I planned to post more than once about favorite children's books and never got around to posting a part II. Hehe, I'm not the most organized blogger sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of it either, until he started getting them in the mail. They're free and each child gets one a month until they're 5, I think. Most have been board books so far, which is great, because my little boy is rough on the other books.
    I'm not organized in ANY part of my life! I really try, but it's just not natural for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, me too! Especially with homeschooling I'm really having to learn.

    ReplyDelete