Monday, August 2, 2010

Latte Daze(A Maya Davis Novel) by Erinn Mangum




NavPress (July 1, 2010) 304 pages

Description: (from Amazon)
When Maya Davis’ ex-boyfriend proposes to her roommate, Jen, their apartment becomes Wedding Central. As if that weren’t awful enough, Jen’s obnoxious mom moves in to help with the planning!

Maya's relationships really start to get crazy when her genius brother and sister-in-law announce their pregnancy, and then to top it off there’s Jack—could it be love? Who wouldn’t need a coffee break!

This fun, lighthearted fiction novel for teens uses strong characters, humor, and quiet faith to promote trust in God.

My Review:
Latte Daze is a perfect light, summer read.
The characters were so real and sweet. I couldn’t help but think of the movie Bride Wars while reading this book and pictured Anne Hathaway as Maya. (Although, Maya and Jen were in no way fighting in this story). Maya and Jen have such a great friendship. They just seem so adorable. I completely fell in love with Maya’s dog, Calvin. The way her parents dote on him reminds me of my dog!
Most of my Christian reading seems to be historical books, but it’s so refreshing to read Christian chick lit. There’s great messages throughout the book, too, so it’s not just thoughtless reading! I loved how Maya stands up for her beliefs without being pushy. I think there’s great lessons on how to deal with those who don’t share Christian beliefs. I feel she was respectful of the other person, and gained respect in the process. And she kept a Christian attitude about Jen’s mother throughout the story.
The description says the book is for teens, but the characters are in their 20s, so I think that adults would enjoy this book, too.
I haven’t read the first book in this series, Cool Beans, but I do plan on reading it now. I didn’t feel like I was missing out on any part of the story. I was filled in with important information from the first one as far as I could tell. I can’t wait to see what else happens with Maya and Jack, and Jen and Travis in Double Shot, which comes out in October.

*I received this book free from NavPress Publishers as part of their Blogger Review Program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. based upon your summary this book sounds like a good book.thanks ROSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lightness of Christian chick lit, too, though I lean toward the depth of historical and suspense too.

    ReplyDelete