Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just a Glance At My "Not Clean" Reads

Not Clean(These had lots of cussing including the "very bad" ones, detailed sex scences, and/or extreme violence)

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
(TOns of cussing and sex)

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
(tons of cussing-which is a shame, because otherwise this is one of those books that stays with you. Very powerful!)

Tithe by Holly Black
(This book would have been rated R if a movie....purely my opinion)

Girls That Growl by Mari Mancusi
(profanity)

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith
(profanity)

Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
(profanity and referenced oral sex)

Meridian by Amber Kizer
(profanity)

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
(profanity, bulimic sister, rape, alcohol)

Marked by P.C. Cast
(I ended up not even finishing this one. Tons of cussing, oral sex-not detailed, just referenced)

Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
(I started this book and profanity so bad at very beginning I didn't even read it)

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
(profanity)

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
(profanity, reference to sex, rape and murder)

Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
(sex scene and profanity)

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
(another one that had bad profanity at the beginning and I didn't read it).

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
(drugs, violence, talk of sex, disrespect of adults, profanity)

Kiss Me, Kill Me by Lauren Henderson
(debated on putting this on "on the fence" list)(profanity-"b" word several times)

1 comment:

  1. It is so sad that good books (and movies) have to be so cluttered with a poor choice of language. The movie Julie and Julia would have been good, except for the language. I really can't stand it. And I am personally glad I know about The Time Traveler's Wife. I had debated starting it and now know to stay FAR away!

    ReplyDelete