Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Review: A Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman



Revell (January 1, 2008)
A passion most pure
I had never heard of Julie Lessman until I saw her books on Renee’s blog. (Thank you!!) I now know that I was missing out greatly! They had such high reviews that I got all three of them, and I’m so grateful, because now I have the second one ready to dive into!
I have to admit, sometimes I’m pretty picky with the writing style of the authors I read, but I loved Julie’s writing style. It was a beautiful story, and I enjoyed every aspect of this book. I love to read books that inspire me to be a better person and a better Christian, and this book did just that. I completely fell in love with the O’Conners. My heart broke with theirs and I cheered (to myself, of course) when they were happy. Julie even throws in a nice surprise, so have some tissues nearby!
At almost 500 pages, it’s longer than most books I read. I usually think that the long books start getting “wordy” and I’m ready for it to just end, but this one was so great, you don’t mind the length at all.
I’ll admit I’m a little worried if the second book will even come close to the first. I didn’t like Charity’s character in the first. I’m hoping there’s more of Faith, though. I’m assuming there will be more of Elizabeth considering she is the focus of book three. I guess I’ll find out soon, though.
I absolutely loved this book, and HIGHLY recommend it!

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad you finally got these books! You will LOVE the entire series, I'm sure! Do you have her next release, A Hope Undaunted on your wishlist? I can't wait for it to come out!

    Happy Reading!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I know what you mean but at least you don't have to wait between books in the Daughters of Boston series since you went and got them all. I had to wait a YEAR between books 2 and 3 and I've been waiting for months for A Hope Undaunted! *sigh*

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading these books back to back to back, so no year's wait for me! However, I've just about been in AGONY for the past year waiting for her next book to come out!!! Only a few more months to go now, though. :o)

    Just happened across your blog today, and I really enjoyed your review of this book! Happy reading! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Bluerose, thank you SO much for the great review -- it made my day! And of course, Renee and Christy are two of my FAVS as far as reader friends, so thank you to them as well for being SUCH great supports for a new writer.

    Have a blessed day!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete